Chop Chop, a local noodle soup company that started in Austin, launched a delivery service Jan. 6 called Club Mian. (Courtesy Chop Chop)
Find the latest local business news from South Austin here.
1. Chop Chop, an Austin-based company that makes Asian street-style noodle soups, launched a delivery service Jan. 6 called Club Mian. Customers can place a one-time order for a pack of noodle cups or sign up for a subscription with 3-12 packs delivered monthly. The company was started by locals Steve Har and Eugene Lin in 2020 as a pop-up. Now, in addition to the subscription service, it offers the noodle cups in retailers, such as Royal Blue Grocery, Quickie Pickie and Thom’s Market. www.chopchop.cc
2. Copperstone, a new residential development from developer Meritage Homes, started construction in January, and move-ins are projected to begin in late 2021. The community will include 154 homes on a 31-acre lot near the intersection of FM 1625 and Twin Creek Road. According to a news release from Meritage Homes, the prices of the units will start in the $300,000s, and square footage will range from 1,363 to 2,844 square feet.
3. Gabrick BBQ, which formerly operated a trailer at Last Stand Brewing Co., 12345 Pauls Valley Road, Bldg I, Austin, has closed its trailer but remains in business selling its barbecue sauce online and in H-E-B grocery stores. Owner Mark Gabrick said in a news release that increasing rent prices and limitations due to the pandemic caused him to switch up his business model. Beginning Jan. 18, three varieties of Gabrick BBQ sauce will be available at H-E-B stores. www.gabrickbbq.com
4. Mighty Fine Burgers, Fries & Shakes was purchased Jan. 4 by Tony Ciola and Creed Ford, co-owners of the hospitality group behind Tony C’s Coal Fired Pizza and The League Kitchen & Tavern. The burger chain has been in the Greater Austin area for more than 10 years and operates five locations, including one at 5601 Brodie Lane, Ste. 1300, Sunset Valley. Previously, it was owned by hospitality group K&N Management. 512-735-2800. www.mightyfineburgers.com
5. Pinthouse Brewing opened its new location at 2201 E. Ben White Blvd., Austin, on Jan. 6. This is the fourth location for the local brewery and restaurant. It is offering a limited menu of bar snacks, such as popcorn, peanuts and hummus along with 14 beers on tap. Eventually, that menu will be expanded to include more items. 512-717-0873. www.pinthousepizza.com
6. Precision Camera & Video is opening a new location in late February at 9600 S. IH-35 Frontage Road, Austin, in the Southpark Meadows shopping center next to the Marshalls. The store offering cameras, video equipment, gear and educational resources originally opened in Austin in 1976. Its North Austin location on West Anderson Lane remains open, but the William Cannon Drive location will be closing as the new South Austin shop opens. www.precision-camera.com